Details for Job Reference Number: ICTO1B
|Position||ICT Officer I (Audio-Visual Recording Supervisor) - PLS 10|
|Job Reference Number||ICTO1B|
|Number of Posts||1|
|Terms of Service||Permanent and Pensionable|
|Work Station||Based in Nairobi|
|Opening Date of Advert||18-Jan-2013|
|Closing Date of Advert||1-Feb-2013|
|-PERSON SPECIFICATION |
For appointment to this position a candidate must have:-
A degree in Computer Science
|-Information Communication Technology, |
Telecommunication, Electronic Engineering, Audio-Visual engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution with four (4) years relevant experience.
Possession of a certificate in Audio-Visual Technology will be an advantage.
In addition to the specifications given for each of the jobs the applicants should have the following core competencies:
1. Excellent planning and organizational skills;
2. Excellent communication skills with the ability to prepare and present concise oral and written reports;
3. Be a person of high integrity and ethical conduct;
4. Have strong leadership skills;
5. Have clear understanding of the role of the Judiciary in realizing the demands of the Constitution, Vision 2030 and other policy documents of the Judiciary
6. Have good customer care and public relations skills;
7. Have good interpersonal skills and be a team player;
8. Have the ability to work under minimal supervision;
Possession of managerial skills in planning, budgeting and project management will be desirable for this position.
|Duties and Responsibilities|
|-OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB |
Reporting to the Senior ICT Officer, the incumbent will provide user support for the audio-visual service and equipment for various court and training rooms in the Judiciary.
In general, the main duties for the Audio-Visual Recording Supervisor will be to:-
a) Configure, setting up and troubleshooting Audio-Visual systems
b) Maintain Audio-Visual systems
c) Provide audio and video recording service for court and training sessions
d) Maintain service level agreements with Audio-Visual suppliers
e) Supervise a team of Audio-Visual technicians
f) Train personnel in operation and maintenance of audiovisual equipment.
g) Advise the Director on technical problems, such as acoustics, lighting etc.
h) Evaluate audio-visual equipment and give advice on acquisition of equipment.
i) Advise on planning and layout of physical facilities for audiovisual services.
j) Liaise with the Audio-Visual Librarian and relevant Registrars