Details for Job Reference Number: External_8
|Position||DEPUTY DIRECTOR, ADMINISTRATION, SCALE PLS 16, NO. OF POSTS 1 (ONE)|
|Job Reference Number||External_8|
|Number of Posts||1|
|Terms of Service||Permanent and pensionable|
|Opening Date of Advert||2-Nov-2012|
|Closing Date of Advert||20-Nov-2012|
|-The successful candidate will: |
1. Possess a Masters degree in Human Resource Management
|-Industrial Relations, Business Administration or equivalent; |
2. Possess a Bachelors degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences or equivalent;
3. Have at least 10 years experience in leading the Administration function of a large and reputable organization.
In addition, applicants for the positions under Human Resource and Administration must;
1. Be a member of relevant professional body;
2. Be a team player;
3. Possess strong organizational and analytical skills;
4. Be self motivated, capable of working under pressure with minimal supervision;
5. Possess excellent management , communication and interpersonal skills;
6. Be computer literate and familiar with standard office computer applications.
|Duties and Responsibilities|
|-This is a senior management position whose holder will be required to:-|
1. Be the overall in-charge of the Administration function;
2. Develop effective Administration procedures;
3. Coordinate activities leading to division's targets as indicated in the Annual;
4.Develop Performance Contract, Strategic Plan, Judiciary Transformation Framework and other reform programmes that Judiciary may participate in;
5. Facilitate the provision of office space and necessary working tools for all staff;
6. Oversee implement of the organization's transport and security policy;
7. Prepare annual division budget.
8. Ensure the implementation of administration strategies in line with the integrated comprehensive strategic framework;
9. Assist in the planning, co-ordination, organization and direction of administration function at the Judiciary;
10. Provide policy advise and disseminate Administration policies, regulations and other communications from the Headquarters to all the Regions;
11. Analyze the utilization of administration services and other provisions
12. Supervise, guide, counsel, mentor, train and develop staff working under him-her.
|-Overall purpose of the job|
Reporting to the Director, Human Resource & Administration, the incumbent will provide leadership in the Administration Division in the Judiciary. Specifically, the incumbent will co-ordinate all the activities in the Administration Division and oversee Administration activities in the regions.