Details for Job Reference Number: External_23
|Position||COMMUNICATION OFFICER II, SCALE PLS 9, NO. OF POSTS 3 (THREE)|
|Job Reference Number||External_23|
|Number of Posts||3|
|Terms of Service||Permanent and pensionable|
|Opening Date of Advert||2-Nov-2012|
|Closing Date of Advert||20-Nov-2012|
|-The successful candidate will possess: |
1. A Bachelor's degree in any of the following disciplines: Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Public Relations, Journalism or equivalent;
2. Minimum of three years experience in a relevant field.
In addition, applicants for the positions in Public Affairs and Communication must have:
1. Demonstrable skills, knowledge and experience in Public Affairs and Communication;
2. Proven record of results in development or implementation of communication programmes;
3. Demonstrable experience in media, event management or publications; 4. Networking skills;
5.Be Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications.
|Duties and Responsibilities|
|-The incumbent will be required to; |
1. Implement activities and programmes as outlined in work plans;
2. Prepare speeches, press releases, broadcast content and other write-ups;
3. Manage website content;
4. Participate in IEC and magazine production;
5. Manage branding, events and undertake research;
6. Other duties as may be assigned.
|-Overall purpose of the job|
Reporting to the line Assistant Director, the Communication Officer will be responsible for operational activities relating to Public Affairs and Communication in the Judiciary.