Details for Job Reference Number: External_22
|Position||ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, PUBLIC AFFAIRS AND COMMUNICATION, SCALE PLS 14 NO. OF POSTS 2 (TWO)|
|Job Reference Number||External_22|
|Number of Posts||2|
|Terms of Service||Permanent and pensionable|
|Opening Date of Advert||2-Nov-2012|
|Closing Date of Advert||20-Nov-2012|
|-The successful candidate will possess: |
1. A Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Public Relations, Journalism or equivalent.
2. A minimum of five years experience, two of which must be at senior management level in a busy Public Affairs and Communication environment.
In addition, applicants for the positions in Public Affairs and Communication must have:
1. Demonstrable skills, knowledge and experience in Public Affairs and Communication;
2. Proven record of results in development or implementation of communication programmes;
3. Demonstrable experience in media, event management or publications; 4. Networking skills;
5.Be Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications.
|Duties and Responsibilities|
|-The incumbent will be required to: |
1. Implement Public Affairs and Communication programmes and activities;
2. Implement communication programmes targeting court stations and regions;
3. Develop and distribute IEC materials;
4. Oversee compliance with Standard Operating Procedures for the Directorate;
5. Manage dissemination of information on Judiciary policies, programmes and projects;
6. Prepare media content including documentaries and related material;
7. Organize and manage institutional events;
8. Manage publications, website, branding and research;
9. Provide team leadership.
|-Overall purpose of the job|
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Assistant Directors will be responsible for operational matters relating to Public Affairs and Communication in the Judiciary.