Details for Job Reference Number: External_21
|Position||DEPUTY DIRECTOR PUBLIC AFFAIRS AND COMMUNICATION, SCALE PLS 16 NO. OF POSTS 1 (ONE)|
|Job Reference Number||External_21|
|Number of Posts||1|
|Terms of Service||Permanent and pensionable|
|Opening Date of Advert||2-Nov-2012|
|Closing Date of Advert||20-Nov-2012|
|-The successful candidate will possess:|
1. A Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines: Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Public Relations, Journalism or equivalent;
2. Minimum of 10 years experience, five of which must be at senior management level in a busy Public Affairs and Communication environment;
3. Expertise in media production concepts.
In addition, applicants for the positions in Public Affairs and Communication must have:
1. Demonstrable skills, knowledge and experience in Public Affairs and Communication;
2. Proven record of results in development or implementation of communication programmes;
3. Demonstrable experience in media, event management or publications; 4. Networking skills;
5.Be Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications.
|Duties and Responsibilities|
|-The incumbent will be required to: |
1. Participate in developing and implementing a Policy and Strategy document for the Directorate;
2. Design and implement Standard Operating Procedures for the Directorate;
3. Manage dissemination of information on Judiciary policies, programmes and projects internally and externally;
4. Develop and implement work plans in line with strategy;
5. Assess and address communication needs of various court stations;
6. Assess communication training gaps and develop interventions in consultation with the Judiciary Training Institute;
7. Manage internal and external relations;
8. Manage publications, website, branding and research;
9. Prepare print media content, documentaries and related material;
10. Prepare and present departmental reports;
11. Prepare and manage budgets;
12. Provide leadership to the Communication team.
|-Overall purpose of the job|
Reporting to the Director, Public Affairs and Communication, the Deputy Director will be responsible for strategic and operational matters relating to Public Affairs and Communication in the Judiciary.