Details for Job Reference Number: External_19
|Position||ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT SCALE PLS 14, NO. OF POSTS 8 (EIGHT)|
|Job Reference Number||External_19|
|Number of Posts||8|
|Terms of Service||Permanent and pensionable|
|Opening Date of Advert||2-Nov-2012|
|Closing Date of Advert||20-Nov-2012|
|-The successful candidate will possess: |
1. A Masters degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Public Policy, or equivalent. Specialized training or certification in monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
2. At least nine years experience in negotiations or vetting and evaluation in the Performance Contracting process. At least five years of progressively responsible experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects or programmes will be an added advantage.
In addition, applicants for positions under Performance Management will have:
1. Demonstrable experience in designing or implementing organization-wide systems for Monitoring and Evaluation and institutional adaptive management learning;
2. Demonstrable experience in capacity building in Performance Management;
3. Demonstrable competence in macro and micro economic sectoral analysis strategic planning and performance measurement, indicator selection, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methodologies; 4. Demonstrable leadership skills in a collaborative environment;
5. Demonstrable results-based Performance Management skills; planning and organizing skills;
6. Demonstrable ability to establish and maintain sustainable productive partnerships with clients and stakeholders;
7. Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills;
8. Be computer literate and familiar with standard office computer applications.
|Duties and Responsibilities|
|-The incumbent will be required to; |
1. Head the Judicial functions design of the performance contracting indicators, in light of Judicial transformation framework and strategic plan;
2. Analyse Planning and Monitoring Unit of the Judiciary Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, High Court in all the 47 counties;
3. Ensure that there is a cascaded intent, integrated and cohesive strategic management of transformation in all courts stations;
4. Provide leadership for the negotiations, vetting and evaluation of the performance contracting process in the High courts;
5. Coordinate the reporting of the implementation of the performance contracting process from High courts on quarterly basis;
6. Conduct overall field monitoring and evaluation and reporting of programmes in the high courts;
7. Measure compliance with the service delivery standards;
8. Continuously improve and compare judicial performance with the good international practices;
9. Perform the internal audit and oversight mechanism for the Judiciary;
10. Guide in the performance appraisal of the judicial staff.
|-Overall purpose of the job|
Reporting to the Director, Performance Management (to the Resident Judge if posted to the regions), the incumbent will coordinate negotiations and vetting of performance targets and tracking the results of the various programmes carried out by the different Directorates, Registrars and Courts in the Judiciary.