Details for Job Reference Number: External_18
|Position||DEPUTY DIRECTOR, PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT SCALE PLS 16, NO. OF POSTS 1 (ONE)|
|Job Reference Number||External_18|
|Number of Posts||1|
|Terms of Service||Permanent and pensionable|
|Opening Date of Advert||2-Nov-2012|
|Closing Date of Advert||20-Nov-2012|
|-The successful candidate will possess: |
1. A Masters degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Statistics, Public Policy or equivalent. Specialized training or certification in monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
2. At least 10 years experience in Performance Management coordination, negotiations or vetting and evaluation in performance contracting process or in project or programme management. At least five years experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects or programmes will be an added advantage;
3. Demonstrable experience in capacity building in Performance Management.
In addition, applicants for positions under Performance Management will have:
1. Demonstrable experience in designing or implementing organization-wide systems for Monitoring and Evaluation and institutional adaptive management learning;
2. Demonstrable experience in capacity building in Performance Management;
3. Demonstrable competence in macro and micro economic sectoral analysis strategic planning and performance measurement, indicator selection, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methodologies; 4. Demonstrable leadership skills in a collaborative environment;
5. Demonstrable results-based Performance Management skills; planning and organizing skills;
6. Demonstrable ability to establish and maintain sustainable productive partnerships with clients and stakeholders;
7. Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills;
8. Be computer literate and familiar with standard office computer applications.
|Duties and Responsibilities|
|-The incumbent will be required to: |
1. Head the Central Planning and Monitoring Unit of the Judiciary in ensuring that planning, budgeting, performance is linked to the integrated and cohesive strategic management of transformation;
2. Coordinate the negotiations, vetting and evaluation of the performance contracting process in the judiciary;
3. Coordinate monitoring and the reporting of the implementation of the performance contracting process from all directorates on quarterly basis;
4. Conduct overall field monitoring and evaluation and reporting of programmes in the Judiciary;
5. Perform the internal audit and oversight mechanism for the Judiciary;
6. Provide strategic direction of economic planning functions and production of statistical data in the Judiciary.
|-Overall purpose of the job|
Reporting to the Director, Performance Management, the incumbent will deputize the Director in coordination, negotiations and moderation of performance targets and track the results of various programmes carried out by different Directorates, Registrars and Courts in the Judiciary.