Details for Job Reference Number: External_16
|Position||CHIEF HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER, STAFF WELFARE SCALE PLS 12, NO. OF POSTS 1 (ONE)|
|Job Reference Number||External_16|
|Number of Posts||1|
|Terms of Service||Permanent and pensionable|
|Opening Date of Advert||2-Nov-2012|
|Closing Date of Advert||20-Nov-2012|
|-The successful candidate will have: |
1. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or in related field
2. Post graduate diploma in Human Resources from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
3. At least 5 years experience in a relevant senior management position
4. Experience in management of staff welfare in a large reputable organization.
5. Membership to relevant body
6. Team player and Good management skill
7. Self motivating, working under pressure to meet deadline with minimal supervision
8. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
In addition, applicants for the positions under Human Resource and Administration must;
1. Be a member of relevant professional body;
2. Be a team player;
3. Possess strong organizational and analytical skills;
4. Be self motivated, capable of working under pressure with minimal supervision;
5. Possess excellent management , communication and interpersonal skills;
6. Be computer literate and familiar with standard office computer applications.
|Duties and Responsibilities|
|-The incumbent will be required to:- |
1. Implement and disseminate policies and procedures on staff welfare;
2. Manage staff medical and pension scheme;
3. Develop systems to manage staff recreational activities;
4. Develop and coordinate team building activities;
5. Coordinates initiatives to manage various issues affecting staff such as HIV
|-AIDS and drug and substance abuse; |
6. Coordinate Disability and Gender mainstreaming initiatives;
7. Administer GPA and GLA insurance schemes;
8. Manage and advise on all discipline cases objectively;
9. Handle staff grievances in a prompt and conscientious manner while paying heed to the organization's needs and policies;
10. Provide professional support to line managers on all matters relating to industrial relations;
11. Implement industrial relations framework.
|-Overall purpose of the job|
Reporting to the to the Assistant Director, Reward and Compensation, the incumbent will provide leadership, support and coordinate all activities under staff welfare.