Details for Job Reference Number: ICTIIB
|Position||ICT Officer II (Audio-Visual Librarian) - PLS 9|
|Job Reference Number||ICTIIB|
|Number of Posts||1|
|Terms of Service||Permanent and Pensionable|
|Work Station||Based in Nairobi|
|Opening Date of Advert||18-Jan-2013|
|Closing Date of Advert||1-Feb-2013|
|-PERSON SPECIFICATION |
For appointment to this position a candidate must have:-
A degree in any of the following fields: Library sciences or electronic document
|-record management systems or equivalent from a recognized institution with two (2) years relevant experience. |
Possession of a certificate in Audio-Visual Technology or Information Communication Technology skills will be an advantage.
In addition to the specifications given for each of the jobs the applicants should have the following core competencies:
1. Excellent planning and organizational skills;
2. Excellent communication skills with the ability to prepare and present concise oral and written reports;
3. Be a person of high integrity and ethical conduct;
4. Have strong leadership skills;
5. Have clear understanding of the role of the Judiciary in realizing the demands of the Constitution, Vision 2030 and other policy documents of the Judiciary
6. Have good customer care and public relations skills;
7. Have good interpersonal skills and be a team player;
8. Have the ability to work under minimal supervision;
Possession of managerial skills in planning, budgeting and project management will be desirable for this position.
|Duties and Responsibilities|
|-OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB|
Reporting to the Librarian-In-Charge and functionally to the Senior ICT Officer, the incumbent will provide support for an Audio-Visual Library.
The main duties for the Audio-Visual Librarian will be to:-
a) Administer a Library of Audio-Visual materials
b) Advise other library personnel and users on audiovisual materials available
c) Make DVD recordings of requested court cases.
d) Evaluate Audio-Visual materials, considering their technical, informational, and aesthetic qualities
e) Prepare and maintain appropriate Audio-Visual catalogue.
f) Ensure that the Audio-Visual materials are attached to relevant cases in the Case Management System